Kochanski & Partners advised Groupe Beneteau on the acquisition of Delphia Yachts
Kochanski & Partners (K&P) advised Groupe Beneteau (France), one of the two largest sailing and power boat manufacturers globally, on its transaction with Delphia Yachts – Poland’s leading boatbuilder. As a result of this transaction, the rights to sailing and power boat designs, and the building and marketing activities of the Delphia and Maxi Yacht brands were acquired.
Founded in 1990 and based in Olecko, Delphia Yachts is now one of Central and Eastern Europe’s leading boat manufacturers. Since 1990, it has built over 25,000 units. In 2017, its revenues reached PLN 130 million (c. EUR 30 million), including PLN 9 million (c. EUR 2 million) from its core activity. It currently employs 670 people.
Founded in 1884, Groupe Beneteau is now a global market leader. It has over 27 production sites and 19 boatbuilding sites worldwide employing over 7,000 people. Through its 10 boat division brands, it offers over 200 recreational boat models.
Delphia Yachts was acquired via a Polish operator in which Delphia Yachts will retain 20% of its capital. The transaction will be finalised within the next few months, provided that the permits required by law are obtained.
Hervé Gastinel, Groupe Beneteau’s CEO, stated, “Groupe Beneteau will be able to capitalise on Delphia Yachts’ industrial capacity and expertise to support its growth in a dynamic and strategic segment for outboard motor boats and small sailing yachts. This acquisition will strengthen the Group’s firm standing in line with its long-term strategy for sustainable and profitable growth.”
Paweł Cholewiński, Partner in M&A Practice of Kochanski & Partners, added, “We are very pleased with the success of this transaction, we hope that it will bring a lot of good to Groupe Beneteau’s portfolio, strengthening its international standing.
Delphia Yachts was represented by CG Law Firm.
- K&P has been short-listed at the 9th annual“EuropaProperty Investment Awards”
- K&P have once again been recognised in the prestigious international IFLR1000 ranking
- K&P advises Oxenwood Real Estate (UK) on the acquisition of a DHL logistics centre near Warsaw, as its debut Polish investment
- K&P has advised EPP on the acquisition of King Cross Marcelin shopping centre
- New advocates and legal counsellors at K&P
- Paweł Borowski on “Assessment of Nutrition Therapy in Polish Hospitals” study