Piotr Ząbkiewicz, LL.M.
Piotr specializes in providing corporate legal advice to business entities in particular in the transformation of companies and partnerships as well as M&A transactions. He has conducted numerous due diligence examinations, disinvestment projects and negotiations with investors on behalf of clients.
He has been involved in private equity transactions with companies providing employment services, joint venture projects between notable Polish companies as well as real estate acquisitions involving closed-end investment funds and international investors.
He has represented major Polish companies during inspections conducted by the Supreme Audit Office, Office of Electronic Communications and other government agencies.
He has represented and advised clients during litigation (orders for payment, libel) as well as in criminal proceedings related to financial and white-collar crime.
Prior to joining K&P, Piotr has gained experience at GWW Legal in Warsaw and within his own law practice.
Languages: Polish, English, German.
Membership: The Plock Bar of Advocates.
Education: Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Master of Law, 2009), European University Viadrina in Frankfurt an der Oder (Master of German and Polish Law, LL.M. 2009), Utrecht University (Erasmus 2005/06).
- Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) with regard to legal corporate matters on the acquisition of real estate consisting the development of Galeria Młociny shopping center, located adjacent to Młociny Metro Station. The total area of the shopping center will be 200,000 square meters. Value: Acquisition - EUR 115 million, total project budget - approx. EUR 330 million.
- Advising one of the major Polish furniture manufacturers with regard to transformation of the companies within its capital group. Total value of assets involved 400 m PLN.
- Advising and negotiating of a joint- venture agreement between two companies controlled by the Polish Treasury. Intendent value of the joint- venture 500 m PLN.
- Advising a close- end investment fund and its subsidiaries conducting business in accordance with the REIT model with regard to establishing a corporate structure in Poland and Luxembourg. Total value of the real estate portfolio 350 m PLN.
- Advising a company providing employment services with regard to an investment agreement with a private equity fund. Value of the financing 40 m PLN.
- Representing of an IT company with regard to negotiating financing and changes within the corporate structure. Value of the financing 12 m PLN.
- Advising a company with regard to acquisition of an IT enterprise. Value of the enterprise 12 m PLN.
- Advising and negotiating legal aspects of a disinvestment with regard to a subsidiary of one of the major Polish petrochemical companies. Value of the subsidiary 12 m PLN.
- Advising and representing of a privately owned postal service provider with regard to administrative proceedings and inspections.