Attorney at Law, Partner, Head of Real Estate Practice
Paweł Cholewiński specializes in corporate, commercial and civil law. He also has expertise in competition law. Paweł advises clients on M&A transactions, including share and asset deals, at every stage of the transaction, including structuring, due diligence, negotiation of all documents, and supervising the work of legal teams located in various jurisdictions. He also advises on restructuring of business operations (including particularly mergers, spin-offs and transformations, debt restructuring), as well as investments in real estate of an industrial, commercial and residential type.
On a daily basis he advises clients from the TSL, FMCG, food and beverage, real estate, media and advertising, chemical, automotive, IT sectors, as well as PE funds, banks and financial institutions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Paweł worked for the Warsaw office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors.
Education: The University of Warsaw (Master of Law, 2007), American Law Studies, The University of Warsaw (2007).
Rekomendacje: Paweł Cholewiński a recommended lawyer in Corporate and M&A sector by Legal 500 EMEA.
- Plastipak Packaging. Advising in connection with a cross-broader acquisition of APPE Group concerning plastic packaging manufacturing and warehousing facilities located in major European countries (including Poland).
- Advising HCL America, Inc. and its subsidiary HCL Sweden AB (ultimately controlled by HCL Technologies Ltd) in an international transaction concerning acquisition of Volvo Information Technology AB’s IT-business. The acquisition involved all assets and rights as well as certain liabilities and obligations belonging to Volvo’s IT-business.
- Advising the Griffin Group, a private equity fund in the transaction of the acquisition of Nordic Park, an A-class office complex located in Warsaw Powiśle from the Pramerica fund. The value of the Nordic Park office complex transaction amounts to PLN 85 million.
- Legal assistance to the IKEA group and Ikea Industry Poland related to greenfield investments in Poland, including the largest project conducted by the IKEA group in Poland – construction of a production plant in Orla, and development of a production plant in Lubawa. Legal advice related to the merger of two production companies, i.e. Swedspan Poland and Swedwood Poland into the IkeaIndustry Group.
- SEKAB Biofuels and Chemicals. Legal assistance to the Swedish investor regarding the Polish bio-fuel manufacturer, Bioagra S.A. Advising regarding the sale and purchase of shares, setting up the shareholder structure, financing and refinancing and collateralizing daily operations of the Polish business.
- Advising the Griffin Group, a private equity fund in the transaction of the acquisition with respect to acquisition of the office complexes: Philips House and Batory Building.
- Jyske Bank. Legal assistance on corporate, commercial, banking and real estate issues in connection with asset acquisition, sale, leasing, financing and refinancing.
- Julius Baer Asset Management (Artio Global). Legal assistance to a U.S. investment fund within the scope of acquisition of shares on a controlled market and assistance in creating the fund’s structure in Poland.
- Ringier Axel Springer. Legal assistance in investment projects within the media industry, including in particular transactions comprising projects of acquisition of media companies/selected websites. Representation during negotiations and conclusion of contracts.
- Tata Global Beverages (previously Tetley). Legal assistance to a British company on corporate and commercial matters, as well as on the acquisition transactions of Polish companies and financing projects.
- Advising Penta Investments fund on the merger of the food sector companies - Iglokrak and Iglotex.
- Advising Samsung on the acquisition of an organized part of Amica’s enterprise.
- Prawnicy KZRP o rynku usług prawnych, PolskiPrawnik.pl
- Kochański and Partners ranked in Chambers and Partners: Europe 2019
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners advised Groupe Beneteau on the acquisition of Delphia Yachts
- K&P has advised EPP on the acquisition of King Cross Marcelin shopping centre
- Legal 500 Ranking for 2018 has been announced: K&P highly commended!
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners advises Marlin Equity Partners on the acquisition of technology company Medius Poland.
- Kochański & Partners advised on the acquisition of Duon Dystrybucja by leading european infastructure fund Infracapital
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2017
- Kochański & Partners has advised Skanska Group in connection with one of the largest transactions on the Warsaw land investment market concerning the future development of a state-of-the-art office complex including high-rise towers
- Lawyers from KZRP commenting on the situation of the legal services market at PolskiPrawnik.pl
- KZRP served the Swedish group SEKAB Biofuels & Chemicals with regards an investment in Bioagra S.A.