Attorney at Law, Partner, Head of Transactional Practices Group / Real Estate, M&A
Paweł specializes in real estate and corporate law, with a particular focus on real estate and M&A transactions. He provides legal advice to Polish and foreign businesses, operating primarily in the real estate market. He is a skilled negotiator and strategist.
He creates transaction structures taking into consideration business risks and clients’ expectations. He has been engaged in numerous transactions involving shopping malls, logistic centres/warehouses, office buildings and industrial facilities. He supports clients in negotiations at every transaction stage. His legal expertise covers inter alia corporate matters, antitrust, assistance in structuring transactions and advising on shareholder’s conflicts.
Paweł has great analytical skills and an ability to translate business goals into transaction structure and documents. He is viewed as highly adaptable transactional lawyer and project manager with strong expertise in large-ticket M&A projects.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors.
Education: The University of Warsaw (Master of Law, 2007), American Law Studies, The University of Warsaw (2007).
Recommendations: Paweł Cholewiński a recommended lawyer in Corporate and M&A sector by Legal 500 EMEA.
- Plastipak Packaging. Advising in connection with a cross-broader acquisition of APPE Group concerning plastic packaging manufacturing and warehousing facilities located in major European countries (including Poland).
- Advising HCL America, Inc. and its subsidiary HCL Sweden AB (ultimately controlled by HCL Technologies Ltd) in an international transaction concerning acquisition of Volvo Information Technology AB’s IT-business. The acquisition involved all assets and rights as well as certain liabilities and obligations belonging to Volvo’s IT-business.
- Advising the Griffin Group, a private equity fund in the transaction of the acquisition of Nordic Park, an A-class office complex located in Warsaw Powiśle from the Pramerica fund. The value of the Nordic Park office complex transaction amounts to PLN 85 million.
- Legal assistance to the IKEA group and Ikea Industry Poland related to greenfield investments in Poland, including the largest project conducted by the IKEA group in Poland – construction of a production plant in Orla, and development of a production plant in Lubawa. Legal advice related to the merger of two production companies, i.e. Swedspan Poland and Swedwood Poland into the IkeaIndustry Group.
- SEKAB Biofuels and Chemicals. Legal assistance to the Swedish investor regarding the Polish bio-fuel manufacturer, Bioagra S.A. Advising regarding the sale and purchase of shares, setting up the shareholder structure, financing and refinancing and collateralizing daily operations of the Polish business.
- Advising the Griffin Group, a private equity fund in the transaction of the acquisition with respect to acquisition of the office complexes: Philips House and Batory Building.
- Jyske Bank. Legal assistance on corporate, commercial, banking and real estate issues in connection with asset acquisition, sale, leasing, financing and refinancing.
- Julius Baer Asset Management (Artio Global). Legal assistance to a U.S. investment fund within the scope of acquisition of shares on a controlled market and assistance in creating the fund’s structure in Poland.
- Ringier Axel Springer. Legal assistance in investment projects within the media industry, including in particular transactions comprising projects of acquisition of media companies/selected websites. Representation during negotiations and conclusion of contracts.
- Tata Global Beverages (previously Tetley). Legal assistance to a British company on corporate and commercial matters, as well as on the acquisition transactions of Polish companies and financing projects.
- Advising Penta Investments fund on the merger of the food sector companies - Iglokrak and Iglotex.
- Advising Samsung on the acquisition of an organized part of Amica’s enterprise.
- Prawnicy KZRP o rynku usług prawnych, PolskiPrawnik.pl
- Fuzje i przejęcia w praktyce, Parkiet
- Kochański & Partners doradcą przy jednej z największych transakcji nieruchomościowych 2019 roku, Rzeczpospolita
- Strukturyzowanie transakcji typu Joint Venture ze szczególnym uwzględnieniem relacji pomiędzy wspólnikami, Forbes