Cover package for companies – special COVID-19 pandemic Act
On 31 March 2020, the Sejm adopted the so-called “Anti-Crisis Shield“ Act together with secondary legislation, differing from the initial drafts.
Below we summarize its most important points:
Changes in PIT/CIT
- Extension of the deadline for payment of CIT and submission of CIT-8 returns until 31 May 2020 (for some taxpayers even until 31 July 2020);
- Payment of PIT under the 2019 tax return by 31 May 2020 has the same effect as voluntary disclosure;
- Possibility of one-off settlement of a loss of up to PLN 5 million with the income for 2019;
- Extension, until 1 June 2020, of the deadline for payment of PIT advances withheld by the tax remitter from salaries for March and April;
- Extension from 3 to 14 days of the deadline for notification of payment to an account from outside of the so-called White List of VAT Taxpayers – for the epidemic period;
- Right to deduct from 100% to 200% of certain donations for anti-COVID-19 measures made in the period from 1 January to 30 September 2020;
- Exemption of debtors from the obligation to apply the so-called bad debt relief regulations;
- Extension of the deadline for payment of the tax on revenue from buildings due for March-May 2020 until 20 July 2020;
- Deferral of the obligation to submit IFT-2R returns until 31 May 2020;
- Possibility of making one-off depreciation write-downs in 2020 for fixed assets acquired for the production of COVID-19 countermeasures.
Changes in VAT
- Deferral of the obligation to submit new JPK_V7 standard audit files for tax by large companies until 1 July 2020.
- Possibility for the Municipal Council (Rada Gminy) to introduce an exemption from property tax for a set period of 2020 and to reduce this tax;
- Possibility for the Municipal Council to extend until 30 September 2020 the deadline for payment of property tax instalments for April-June 2020.
- Possibility of obtaining exemption from the obligation to charge a prolongation fee – determined in case of deferral of payment of tax (or tax arrears with interest, interest on overdue advance payments) or spreading the payment of tax (or tax arrears with interest, interest on overdue advance payments) into instalments;
- Suspension of MDR deadlines (until 30 June 2020 at the latest);
- Suspension of the running of procedural and court deadlines in the case of:
- administrative court proceedings,
- enforcement proceedings,
- fiscal offences proceedings,
- administrative proceedings,
- tax proceedings, tax audits, and customs and fiscal audits – for the period of the epidemic.
NOTE: Eligibility for most solutions, requires the meeting of certain additional conditions.
We assist our clients in current tax matters, including preparing companies for the new realities of doing business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Advocate, Partner, Head of Tax Practice
M: +48 668 886 370