Advocate, Partner, Head of Tax Practice
Agata Dziwisz specialises in providing comprehensive advice on tax law including issues such as VAT, CIT, PIT (particularly in international transactions), and real estate tax. Her advice covers tax compliance, tax planning, conducting and supervising tax audits, and implementation of tax reliefs (such as the R&D relief). She has provided tax advice in numerous transactions on the real estate and financial markets. Agata has many years of experience in advising large companies in the telecommunications, energy and real estate development industries. She also has a wealth of experience in representing clients in tax disputes, including during tax audits and tax procedures, as well as in litigation before common and administrative courts. Agata also develops and implements litigation strategies.
Prior to joining K&P, Agata worked with GWW Tax for 8 years.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: District Bar Association in Warsaw, Tax Law Section at the District Bar Association in Warsaw
Education: University of Warsaw (Master of Law, 2008), Center for American Law Studies – University of Warsaw/University of Florida Levin College of Law (2008); School of American Law 1 & 2 – University of Gdansk/Chicago Kent College of Law (2006).
- Representing clients from the electronics distribution industry before tax authorities in tax proceedings and tax inspections, and before courts in administrative court disputes and in related litigations before common courts.
- Supporting of clients in the course of tax audits concerning the grounds for VAT refunds, including but not limited to providing assistance to clients from the real estate industry, on one occasion leading to a favorable decision awarding a tax refund of several millions zlotys.
- Providing ongoing legal advice to clients from the real estate industry concerning the taxation of real estate sales transactions.
- Developing structured models allowing corporate groups to achieve tax optimization, including, i.a., clients from the real estate and manufacturing industries.
- Providing ongoing advice on tax law to a food industry company, including but not limited to the preparation of legal and tax opinions, and the reviewing and drafting of agreements.
- Providing ongoing advice on tax law to a foreign company dealing with the packaging of food products. Advice covering but not limited to the development of the optimal business model for compliance with Polish tax law.
- Providing ongoing advice on tax law to a publishing company, including, i.a., preparation of legal opinions on day-to-day tax issues and on investments in special economic zones.
- Providing ongoing advice on tax law to a company managing commercial properties, including the preparation of legal opinions and requests for individual tax rulings.
- Conducting specialist tax training on reverse VAT charges for construction services, dedicated to companies from the construction industry.
- Compliance w przedsiębiorstwie. Tworzenie i wdrożenie systemu compliance. Wybrane zagadnienia., Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Jak argumenty mogą decydować w sprawach o przyznanie ulgi w spłacie zobowiązań, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna