The Lawyer European Awards 2022 | We are a finalist in three categories
The Lawyer European Awards is the most prestigious ranking of the European legal market, with more than 120 law firms making submissions each year.
The announcement of the shortlist of nominees for this year’s awards gave us three reasons to celebrate.
Piotr Kochański is a finalist in the European Managing Partner of the Year category
With the European Managing Partner of the Year award, The Lawyer recognises the most visionary approach to law firm management.
Piotr Kochański’s actions that earned the jury’s recognition include:
- Consistently pursuing a strategy to strengthen and develop our law firm – including the successful enlargement of the number of equity partners,
- Involvement in CSR activities – in particular, support for Ukraine and its citizens and actions in support of Ukrainian businesses in the tough wartime reality, and
- Continuous merging of law and technology, including the creation of Iraaport, -our own IT system for law firm management and the implementation of cutting edge technology and highest security standards.
Support for struggling Ukraine
Involvement in socially relevant topics is an integral part of and an important complement to, our legal activities, which has been recognised by industry analysts on numerous occasions.
In June this year, our activity related to the situation in Ukraine earned us an award from the Rzeczpospolita Ranking of Law Firms in the category “support for struggling Ukraine”.
This time, appreciation for our initiatives led to us being shortlisted for The Lawyer European Awards 2022 in the Best ESG Initiative category.
They appreciated the extensive range of our activities, including:
- The establishment of the Ukrainian Desk, headed by our first Ukrainian Partner, Markiyan Malskyy, and staffed by newly recruited Ukrainian lawyers. The team’s practice included providing assistance to Ukrainian companies seeking support in the reality of war.
- Providing support to our staff and organising a counselling workshop on healthy ways to cope with stressful realities, and organising regular meetings to share information on aid initiatives for the Ukrainian community, exchange ideas and support one another.
- Actions for the benefit of the KALYNA Polish-Ukrainian-Canadian Scholarship Foundation.
A fusion of law and new technologies
We are enthusiastic about new technologies and use their potential not only in internal tools, but also for communication and process improvement in client service.
Observing the potential that the Metaverse and the virtual or augmented reality can unleash, we actively engage in an extensive dialogue on the opportunities, chances and risks of technological development.
We have authored the first comprehensive Polish report on the Metaverse and are also the first to advise clients on how to enter and grow their business in the Metaverse.
The METAVERSE REPORT KOCHAŃSKI & PARTNERS is a cross-sectional analysis of phenomena at the intersection of business, law and modern technologies, existing in the new virtual space and covering issues such as:
- Property law,
- Artificial intelligence.
For years, we have been part of the Banking Working Group at the Polish Bank Association, where we have contributed to the development of the Polish standard for cloud computing implementations in banks – PolishCloud 2.0.
These are just some of our technology initiatives that have made us also shortlisted in the Most Innovative Technology Initiative category.
We hope to be successful in the ranking, the results of which will be announced on 29 November during a gala in London. In the meantime, to see the full shortlist, please visit The Lawyer European Awards website.