New opportunities for Japanese capital in Poland
Report authored by the Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH) and Kochański & Partners Business Law Firm shows the opportunities for Japanese investors in Poland.
Along with Americans and Germans, the Japanese are among the key foreign investors in Poland. The Japanese are already responsible for creating nearly 40,000 jobs in Poland (spanning more than 300 companies), out of which 17,000 were assisted by the Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH, formerly PAIiIZ). Until now, Japanese businesses have most often invested capital in the automotive, food and electronics industries. In recent years, however, companies from Japan have branched out to join other businesses investing in the development of the Polish e-mobility industry.
In the report Poland: land of rising opportunities PAIH and Kochański & Partners pointed out the most promising Polish industries for Japanese investors. The authors of the publication show that smart city and Industry 4.0. solutions, BSS, energy and pharmaceutical industries, and e-mobility, offer particularly favourable opportunities for Japanese capital.
The authors of the report addressed to Japanese businesses note that Poland is a BSS hub in Europe, with almost 1,200 Polish SSC/BPO centres employing approx. 300,000 people. These type of projects attract significant interest due to the great availability of highly qualified technical staff and their high levels of professional ethics. These factors are important for companies such as Fujitsu, which already employs more than 13,000 people in its service centres in Poland.
The authors of the paper also note that large Polish urban centres such as Kraków, Warsaw and Wrocław remain attractive for advanced business services (BSS), however, medium sized academic cities throughout the country are of growing importance.
(…)Download report (ENG) Download report (JAP)
- K&P has been short-listed at the 9th annual“EuropaProperty Investment Awards”
- K&P have once again been recognised in the prestigious international IFLR1000 ranking
- K&P advises Oxenwood Real Estate (UK) on the acquisition of a DHL logistics centre near Warsaw, as its debut Polish investment
- Ranking Legal500 2019 - numerous awards of K&P
- K&P has successfully advised on the sale of an office building located in the centre of Warsaw
- Marek Jeżewski, PhD will attend the „Annual IBA Arbitration Day 2019”