KZRP wins the case of Jan Rokita against Konrad Kornatowski.
By its judgment dated 19 June 2015 entered in the case brought by Jan Rokita against Konrad Kornatowski (former Police Commander in Chief), the Regional Court in Warsaw allowed the claim and rendered unenforceable the 2009 judgment of the Court of Appeal ordering Jan Rokita to make a statement of apology to Konrad Kornatowski in Dziennik newspaper.
In the oral reasons to the judgment, the Regional Court shared the view of the plaintiff represented by Konrad Orlik, attorney from Kochański Zieba Rapala & Partners, that to publish such a statement is objectively impracticable as “Dziennik Polska-Europa-Świat” (Daily Poland-Europe-World) newspaper is no longer printed; it is now available online only. Only the court hearing an action to limit or cancel enforceability of an enforceable title may examine, as to the merits, whether or not the judgment is enforceable where the newspaper in which a statement of apology was to be published is no longer printed. The judgment is not final yet.
Tags: janmariarokita, janrokita, kornatowski
- The Fourth Forbes Congress of Polish Capital 2019
- The 1st 2019 Forbes Family Business Congress
- K&P has successfully advised on the acquisition of Radio Taxi Barbakan by iTaxi start-up
- Rzeczpospolita: A wave of bankruptcies hitting Polish railways.
- Draft amendments to the Polish banking act and the consumer credit act - newsletter KZRP.
- KZRP is one of the largest law firms in Poland according to Rzeczpospolita newspaper.