Dr. Andrzej Malec, Partner at Kochański Rapala & Partners, has been appointed to be the new Rector at WSAP in Białystok
On September 5, 2014, Dr. Andrzej Malec assumed the post of Rector at the Stanislaw Staszic College of Public Administration in Bialystok. The task of the new Rector will encompass restructuring the college: adjusting to new market challenges and the strengthening of its business profile. The College will renew relationships with business associations, including law firms, so as to ensure that the education of students is best tailored to market requirements. This will be of huge benefit to students who shall be better prepared in their efforts of seeking employment or with a view to commencing their own business, as well as for business associations that will receive a labor force which is qualified in accordance with their needs.
Dr. Andrzej Malec is a Tax Counsellor and Certified Accountant, who at Kochański Rapala & Partners law firm is responsible for the Law & Economics Practice. He is also a tax and non-standard legal problems expert at the Business Centre Club. He provides solutions to non-standard problems relating to a combination of law and economics. He provides advice as to, inter alia, transactions concerning mergers and acquisitions, as well as in matters related to enterprise restructuring, the selection of the most tax-efficient structure to conduct business activities, investment and transactions. During the last few years he has advised American investors in one of the largest investment arbitration disputes against the Republic of Poland.
Prior to joining the KZRP team he, inter alia, was a member of the management board, as a financial and legal issues director of a large holding company within the FMCG sector. He sits on the supervisory boards of several companies, including publically listed companies.
Dr. Andrzej Malec is an author of three books and approximately 20 scientific articles, in addition to many press publications. He is a lawyer recommended in the Tax sector by Global Law Experts in 2012 and Legal 500 EMEA 2013.
- 2019 CEE DEAL OF THE YEAR AWARD - Kochański & Partners listed among nominees
- New Year's concert on the occasion of Croatia’s presidency of the Council of the EU
- Aleksander Petrys has won second place in the competition for the best Diploma Project on currency issues.
- K&P ranked 7th in the law firms ranking of the Warsaw Business Journal
- Rafał Bobkiewicz in Rzeczpospolita “How to fight against inertia”
- Szymon Gałkowski in Dzienniku Gazeta Prawna "Playing the annihilation of the Supervisory Board may be called into question"