Attorney at Law, Partner, Head of Infrastructure & Construction
He has extensive experience in advising Polish and foreign businesses. He was a Principal and the Managing Partner of the Warsaw office of international law firm Hogan & Hartson Jamka Galos sp.k. (currently known as Hogan Lovells), focused on PPP, project finance, infrastructure, energy, corporate, administrative and civil law, with a particular emphasis on contract law, public finance, public procurement, regulatory, offset, and anti-dumping matters.
Aleksander’s experience includes projects involving the issuance of bonds and commercial paper in Poland, as well as project financing ventures in which he served as counsel to several of the largest multi-lateral financing institutions including IFC, World Bank, and EBRD. These projects were focused on local infrastructure in a number of Poland’s largest cities, including Krakow, Bydgoszcz, Szczecin, Wroclaw, Katowice and Poznan.
In addition he has also advised international military equipment producers, and multi-million offset suppliers as well as one of the largest European motorway operators.
Aleksander is highly experienced in dealings with the European Commission and governmental agencies. He was Director of the Office of the Head of the Council of Ministers. He also represented the Ministry of State Treasury in a dispute against investors in PZU S.A., Poland’s largest insurance company.
With his experience as a member of the Management Board of Eko-Park S.A., a renowned real estate development company, and as a member of many supervisory boards including Polish and international banks, Aleksander is able to apply his knowledge of law in business dealings, and is an expert project team manager.
Before joining K&P, Aleksander was General Counsel at the Polish energy company PGE EJ1 Sp. z o.o., where he was responsible for relationships with major international energy groups in terms of project-related legal assistance. Among other things, he held ultimate responsibility for legal aspects of the planning and construction of the first Polish nuclear power plant.
Languages: Polish, English
Membership: District Bar Association of Legal Counselors in Warsaw.
Education: Jagiellonian University (Master of Law 1984, judge exam 1987); SGH Warsaw School of Economics (postgraduate studies in business administration 2010, postgraduate studies in accounting 2011); Academy of Energy, SGH Warsaw School of Economics (postgraduate studies 2017).
Recommendations: Aleksander Galos is a recommended lawyer in Energy and Natural Resources by Legal 500 EMEA ranking.
- Representing the IFC (a member of the World Bank) in several financings of acquisitions or capital increases.
- Representing the WB (in consortium with other consulting firms) in the financing of infrastructure projects - sewage treatment plants, landfills and other, or in the financing of flood damage repair in Lower Silesia.
- Representing the WB (in consortium with other consulting firms) in preparing a report on the possible principles of the restructuring of municipal undertakings in Lithuania and Latvia.
- Advising banks and financial investors on several M&A or capital increase finance projects.
- Advising a Polish company with foreign capital on the listing of its shares on the New York Stock Exchange (the first such project in Poland).
- Advising a distribution company operating in the alcohol industry on distillery acquisitions.
- Representing a large metallurgical company in negotiations with business partners (purchase of a new production line).
- Representing a large smelting company in the process of preparing for privatization.
- Representing public companies in the purchase of the IP system and the subsequent modification of the system.
- Representing a large insurer in the renegotiation of the purchase of an operating system.
- Representing a large gaming company in the purchase of an operating system.
- Representing the State Treasury in an ownership dispute with a foreign investor in an insurance company.
- Representing a foreign investor in an acquisition of the controlling stake in a large public company from the road infrastructure sector.
- Representing a foreign investor in the acquisition of the controlling stake in a large public company from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Representing a public company in a division by spin-off and sale of an organized part of the enterprise.
- Representing a foreign armament supplier in the negotiation and performance of an offset agreement.
- Advising a company investing in an LNG terminal on public procurement structures.
- Advising a gas company in the renegotiation of a concession agreement with its foreign partner for gas exploration in an Asian country.
- Involvement in the sale of office real estate to investment funds.
- Advising a large insurance company in the acquisition of a medical services company.
- Transaction structuring and sale of undertakings in the telecommunications sector.
- Substantive advice to the Government of the Republic of Poland in drafting reasons for the possible exemption of a large investment project in the energy sector from the TFEU and public procurement directives - the European Commission has accepted the arguments.
- Ranking Legal500 2019 – numerous awards of K&P
- Aleksander Galos attended the “Business Insider INSIDE TRENDS” Conference
- REDEFINING ENERGY – a comprehensive expert analysis for WBJ
- Legal 500 Ranking for 2018 has been announced: K&P highly commended!
- CRACOW OFFICE OF KOCHAŃSKI ZIĘBA & PARTNERS STRENGTHENS ITS POSITION ON THE LEGAL SERVICES MARKET IN SOUTHERN POLAND
- Kochański & Partners advises Tauron Polska Energia S.A.
- Kochański & Partners advised on the acquisition of Duon Dystrybucja by leading european infastructure fund Infracapital
- Aleksander Galos Will be a Panelist During the 25th EuroPOWER Energy Conference
- Aleksander Galos & Wojciech Wrochna join Kochanski Zieba & Partners (K&P)