In times of turmoil, peaceful and efficient settlement of commercial and investment disputes remain essential for international business.
Cross-border transactions and international trade require swift and efficient solutions should a dispute arise.
Commercial and investor-state arbitration should answer those requirements by adapting accordingly. Arbitration institutions are now adapting their rules and organizations to meet those standards, including through expedited rules and online case management.
Together with VIAC – the Vienna International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber, we understand that high quality arbitration services provide the necessary assurance.
Arbitration in our part of the world seems to be most applicable to disputes concerning cross border transactions and investments.
Let’s talk about the future of modern arbitration, about its challenges and business opportunities in the CEE region. Let’s discuss the practical aspects of including an arbitration clause in your contracts.
Topics for discussion include:
- What is arbitration – and specifically how arbitration in the CEE region is (not) different from arbitration on a global level
- VIAC as a bridge between East and West
- Why arbitration is a perfect option for cross-border transactions and investments /adaptable rules & practical information / support for ongoing business
- Legal Project Management – the new tool to manage relationships between users / law firms / arbitration institutions
- The Role of the Vienna Investment Rules amidst the the investor-State arbitration crisis
Followed by a Q&A session.
- Marek Jeżewski – Partner, Kochański & Partners
- Dr. Nikolaus Pitkowitz – President, VIAC
- Magdalena Papiernik – Partner, Kochański & Partners
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in arbitration and seeking answers to its practical implications for business – in-house lawyers, advisors, entrepreneurs, legal project managers and others.
Participation in the event is free of charge, following registration and acceptance of applications. The organizer reserves the right to refuse applications and to cancel the event.
This is a hybrid event which can be attended either in person or online.
Onsite venue: Kochański & Partners headquarters, pl. Piłsudskiego 1, Warsaw. The number of participants is limited – first come, first served.
A link to the online broadcast will be sent to participants the day before the event.