Paweł is a lawyer with many years of experience. He specializes in corporate law and M&A.
Over the last nineteen years he has gained and broadened experience in corporate restructuring involving, among other things, transformations, mergers and divisions of companies, transfers of assets to investment funds (FIZ/FIZAN), creating cross-border structures involving companies and foundations from foreign jurisdictions, preparing structures of purchase/sale of shares/assets, as well as preparing and negotiating investment and shareholders’ agreements.
Paweł has also handled commercial cases. He has dealt with a real estate closed-end investment fund as an in-house lawyer in one of the largest investment fund management companies.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: The University of Warsaw (Master of Law, 2003).
- Advising the Stelmet group (garden woodwork producer) on a capital restructuring.
- Advising Dirlango on an M&A transaction concerning the acquisition of 70% of shares in the share capital of Netsprint S.A., one of the leaders on the electronic contextual advertising market.
- Capital restructuring of the Sawex group operating on the chemicals market (supplier of rubber to Goodyear) and in the food industry (brands: Britta, Halina, Rani, Sotto and Sugoi).
- Advising Greenpoint S.A. and its shareholders (the company runs a nationwide chain of female clothing stores Greenpoint) in an M&A transaction concerning the accession of an investor who subscribed for the majority stake in the company.
- Advising high-net-worth individuals on setting up cross-border structures involving Polish and foreign companies and foundations, including intergenerational succession planning projects.
- Advising the minority shareholders of Miraculum S.A., a company listed on the WSE, on a corporate dispute with the majority shareholder.
- Advising Erbud S.A., one of the biggest construction companies in Poland – representing Erbud in court proceedings against Bank Millennium S.A. regarding asymmetric currency options acquired by Erbud in order to secure the company against the currency risk.
- Advising PBG S.A., one of the leading developers in Poland, on comprehensive capital restructuring involving the transformation of approx. 10 project companies within a closed-end investment fund.
- Advising the Pozbruk group, a leading cobblestone producer. Restructuring of companies.
- Advising the shareholders of 11 bit Studios, a computer games producer listed on the WSE.
- Advising Empik Media and Fashion S.A., including Empik, Smyk and other brands.
- Advising Bainbridge regarding the setting up of a closed-end investment fund in Poland.
- Restructuring of companies, including transformations, mergers (including down-stream mergers and cross-border mergers) and divisions of companies.
- Advising Clients on setting up closed-end investment funds and the so-called FIZANs (closed-end private equity funds), developing models of cooperation between investors and investment fund companies with respect to investment fund management.
- Participating in pre-transactional due diligence, including vendor due diligence; conducting and coordinating the vendor due diligence concerning one of the transport leaders on the European market.
- Advising one of the publishers of the so-called opinion-forming magazines (AWR Wprost), including corporate and transactional advice concerning the sale of shares in the publishing company.
- Advice to AccorInvest Group S.A. on the purchase of 85.8% of shares in Orbis S.A., the Polish hotel chain, from Accor S.A. and Accor Polska sp. z o.o., which involved conducting a due diligence investigation of Orbis S.A. (including 46 hotels in Poland), structuring the transaction, drafting and negotiating the share purchase agreement for Orbis S.A. shares and other transaction documents, and announcing a tender offer for the sale of Orbis S.A. shares through a brokerage house.
- Advice to Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) on the acquisition of the King Cross Marcelin shopping centre in Poznan and land property, and on the construction of the Galeria Młociny shopping centre (with a total area of 220,000 m2) located near the Młociny underground station in Warsaw.
- Advice to Pollen Street Capital on the acquisition of leading Polish insurance companies BIK Brokers and BIK Serwis.