Advocate, Partner, Head of Litigation Practice
Mateusz is an advocate, and partner, and heads up the litigation, compliance & investigations practices at Kochański & Partners, specializing in civil, press and commercial law disputes as well as white-collar crime.
In his litigation practice, Mateusz has also been involved in media, pharmaceutical, healthcare and capital markets law proceedings.
Via the Financial Services sector, Mateusz represents the largest banking institutions in the country and leads a team of experts dedicated to developing litigation strategies as well as assisting parties asserting and receiving claims arising from contractual obligations and compensatory payments.
Mateusz advises on and is involved in conducting corporate disputes relating to financial instruments and the liability of members of company bodies. He also advises on IP disputes, as well as those relating to acts of unfair competition, acts to the detriment of companies, and use of confidential information in securities trading, including stock exchange crime and market abuse.
Mateusz is interested in matters relating to bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings, as well as enforcement against financial instruments.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: Łazarski University of Commerce and Law in Warsaw, the faculty of Law (Master of Law, 2009).
Recommendations: Mateusz is a recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 EMEA 2020 rankings for Litigation, in addition to bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings.
- Representing and advising a foreign investor in a multi-layered dispute with minority shareholders of a company whose shares are traded on an alternative trading system.
- Representing a leading international designer and manufacturer of special-purpose computers in a multi-layered dispute with minority shareholders, with particular emphasis on criminal and fiscal offenses issues relating to losses suffered by the company in business activity, and to management board members’ liability for damage.
- Advising in developing a strategy for a company from the food industry which suffered a loss as a result of a disposal of assets of substantial value to its disadvantage.
- Representing and advising a member of the management board of a global manufacturer of telemetric equipment in proceedings concerning irregularities in procurement procedures and criminal proceedings relating to unfair competition acts.
- Advising and representing a shareholder in a corporate dispute relating to misappropriation of assets in the form of distribution and license agreements in the sports industry.
- Pleading numerous cases on behalf of Ringier Axel Springer Polska relating to protection of personal rights and copyrights, including representing the company in litigation and mediation.
- Representing editors-in-chief of daily newspapers and magazines in cases for ordering corrections to press articles to be published.
- Developing a strategy and representing the client at a pre-trial stage in relation to company payments.
- Developing a litigation strategy for and representing energy companies in court proceedings relating to the construction of wind power plants and the sale of AAUs in respect of assigned greenhouse gas emission allowances.
- Compliance w przedsiębiorstwie. Tworzenie i wdrożenie systemu compliance. Wybrane zagadnienia., Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Rozgraniczenie nieruchomości: sąd nie dla wszystkich, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Wyłudzenia VAT. Jak zarządzać ryzykiem w przedsiębiorstwie?, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Za wcześnie by mówić o pełnym sukcesie frankowiczów, Business Insider
- Kredyty frankowe, czyli sądowe TSUEnami kosztem sektora bankowego?, Business Insider
- Frankowicze po wyroku unieważniającym umowę: ważne, aby zgoda kredytobiorcy była świadoma, Rzeczpospolita