Advocate, Partner, Head of Litigation Practice
Mateusz Ostrowski provides comprehensive legal services to professional entities, including in respect of compliance issues, and in court and administrative proceedings.
Mateusz specializes in resolving court disputes in all phases of the proceedings and provides comprehensive assistance to both businesses and individuals. He has extensive experience in the field of economic crime issues such as fraud, asset misappropriation, abuse of powers, bid rigging, economic corruption, fiscal offences, etc.
Mateusz provides legal assistance on compliance policies (in the broad sense) of business entities, which includes making audits and inspections, implementing systems, developing procedures, providing training, and representing clients in investigations, court proceedings and administrative proceedings concerning white collar crimes.
In his practice, Mateusz has been involved in civil proceedings related to challenging the resolutions of a company’s governing bodies, disputes between shareholders, and between companies and their shareholders.
Mateusz is interested in enforcement issues and civil disputes in the context of press law and infringement of personal rights.
Prior to joining K&P, Mateusz worked with Polish law firms and as a judicial assistant in Warsaw courts.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: Łazarski University of Commerce and Law in Warsaw, the faculty of Law (Master of Law, 2009).
Recommendations: The Litigation Practice has been recommended for Dispute Resolution by the Legal 500 EMEA 2017.
- Compliance w przedsiębiorstwie. Tworzenie i wdrożenie systemu compliance. Wybrane zagadnienia., Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Rozgraniczenie nieruchomości: sąd nie dla wszystkich, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Objęcie akcji przez członków zarządu spółki wbrew uchwale WZA może być uznane za nieważne, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Wyłudzenia VAT. Jak zarządzać ryzykiem w przedsiębiorstwie?, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Promotions at Kochański & Partners
- Kochański and Partners wins a case for a Former Editor-in-Chief of FAKT.PL
- K&P wins the case for the editors-in-chief of “Fakt” and Fakt.pl against the GITD
- Mateusz Ostrowski on the GazetaPrawna.pl portal “Radio and television subscription: Do you have to let an inspector into your home”.
- Mateusz Ostrowski in Dziennik Gazeta Prawna “A resident shall settle housing cooperative charges in its rent payment”.
- Mateusz Ostrowski in Dziennik Gazeta Prawna “The demarcation of real property: court is not for everyone”.
- Konrad Orlik and Mateusz Ostrowski on the GazetaPrawna.pl portal “Will the sale of property help in avoiding execution”.