Advocate, Partner, Head of Litigation Practice
Mateusz Ostrowski provides comprehensive legal services to professional entities, including in respect of compliance issues, and in court and administrative proceedings.
Mateusz specializes in resolving court disputes in all phases of the proceedings and provides comprehensive assistance to both businesses and individuals. He has extensive experience in the field of economic crime issues such as fraud, asset misappropriation, abuse of powers, bid rigging, economic corruption, fiscal offences, etc.
Mateusz provides legal assistance on compliance policies (in the broad sense) of business entities, which includes making audits and inspections, implementing systems, developing procedures, providing training, and representing clients in investigations, court proceedings and administrative proceedings concerning white collar crimes.
In his practice, Mateusz has been involved in civil proceedings related to challenging the resolutions of a company’s governing bodies, disputes between shareholders, and between companies and their shareholders.
Mateusz is interested in enforcement issues and civil disputes in the context of press law and infringement of personal rights.
Prior to joining K&P, Mateusz worked with Polish law firms and as a judicial assistant in Warsaw courts.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: Łazarski University of Commerce and Law in Warsaw, the faculty of Law (Master of Law, 2009).
Recommendations: The Litigation Practice has been recommended for Dispute Resolution by the Legal 500 EMEA 2017.
- Representing and advising a foreign investor in a multi-layered dispute with minority shareholders of a company whose shares are traded on an alternative trading system.
- Representing a leading international designer and manufacturer of special-purpose computers in a multi-layered dispute with minority shareholders, with particular emphasis on criminal and fiscal offenses issues relating to losses suffered by the company in business activity, and to management board members’ liability for damage.
- Advising in developing a strategy for a company from the food industry which suffered a loss as a result of a disposal of assets of substantial value to its disadvantage.
- Representing and advising a member of the management board of a global manufacturer of telemetric equipment in proceedings concerning irregularities in procurement procedures and criminal proceedings relating to unfair competition acts.
- Advising and representing a shareholder in a corporate dispute relating to misappropriation of assets in the form of distribution and license agreements in the sports industry.
- Pleading numerous cases on behalf of Ringier Axel Springer Polska relating to protection of personal rights and copyrights, including representing the company in litigation and mediation.
- Representing editors-in-chief of daily newspapers and magazines in cases for ordering corrections to press articles to be published.
- Developing a strategy and representing the client at a pre-trial stage in relation to company payments.
- Developing a litigation strategy for and representing energy companies in court proceedings relating to the construction of wind power plants and the sale of AAUs in respect of assigned greenhouse gas emission allowances.
- Compliance w przedsiębiorstwie. Tworzenie i wdrożenie systemu compliance. Wybrane zagadnienia., Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Rozgraniczenie nieruchomości: sąd nie dla wszystkich, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Wyłudzenia VAT. Jak zarządzać ryzykiem w przedsiębiorstwie?, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Za wcześnie by mówić o pełnym sukcesie frankowiczów, Business Insider