Advocate / Counsel / Certified Legal Project Manager / Dispute Resolution
Magdalena specializes in investment treaty arbitration, international commercial arbitration and high-value complex litigation.
She has over ten years’ experience advising and representing clients in dispute resolution and FIDIC contractual projects with an emphasis on the energy and natural resources, trade, infrastructure and construction industry sectors. Moreover, she supports clients in obtaining funds for financing disputes from litigation funders (third-party funding).
She has handled high-profile commercial and investment treaty arbitrations under all major institutional and UNCITRAL rules, seated in both civil and common law jurisdictions. Magdalena is also experienced in negotiations with governments leading to successful settlements in investment treaty arbitrations.
As a Legal Project PractitionerTM she combines state-of-art advocacy with techniques and tools arising from legal project management in the field of arbitration and dispute resolution. She offers clients an exceptional approach to managing cases designed to provide opportunities for early claim evaluation and resolution, multi-tiered defence strategies, informed decision making, and, whenever possible, reduced transactional costs.
She frequently speaks at events devoted to arbitration in the CEE market and has authored numerous publications.
Languages: Polish, English
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates, International Institute of Legal Project Management
Education: Faculty of Law at The University of Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński, the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Arbitration and ADR Training Programme at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Jagiellonian University, Project Management at the Warsaw School of Economics, Legal Project PractitionerTM global certification from the International Institute of Legal Project Management
Recommendations: The Legal 500 EMEA in the field of Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500 Arbitration Powerlist CEE
- Representing Muszynianka sp. z o.o. in an investment arbitration dispute against Slovakia over a right to cross-border production of mineral water.
- Representing German and Czech investor in an investment dispute against Poland concerning the motorway construction project of strategic importance for the Polish Government.
- Advising a UK Construction company in an investment dispute against Poland on road construction.
- Representing a Luxembourg Private Equity Fund in an investment dispute against Poland on a real estate matter.
- Representing American investor in an investment arbitration dispute against the Republic of Poland concerning privatization in the fat industry.
- Representing Manx mining company in investment dispute over concession rights against Poland.
- Representing Cypriot mining company in investment dispute over concession rights against Poland.
- Representing international seller of production lines in a dispute against Polish leading chocolate and confectionary producer.
- Advising on a commercial arbitration dispute concerning lease agreements.
- Representing foreign construction companies in disputes against the Polish Road authority concerning the motorway construction project of strategic importance for the Polish Government.
- Representing Polish construction company in disputes against the Polish Road authority concerning road constructions in Poland.
- Representing litigation fund in a bought dispute over multimillion contractual claim.
- Representing state-owned energy companies in disputes against private energy companies.
- On-going advice in the course of the execution of a motorway contract in Poland and claims management based on FIDIC contractual terms.
- Nowe reguły arbitrażu z podmiotami z USA, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Koronawirus. Inwestor pozwie za legislacyjny chaos?, Rzeczpospolita
- Koronawirus: Polska musi liczyć się z falą pozwów, Rzeczpospolita
- Po drugiej stronie postępowania, Rzeczpospolita
- Gra o Traktat Karty Energetycznej, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Polski inwestor pozwie za brexit?, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Fundusz wyłoży na twój proces, Rzeczpospolita