Dominika Durchowska, LL.M.
Dominika is a Partner in International Disputes practice. She is also the Head of the Cracow office. She has a wealth of experience in investment and commercial arbitration, gained from her involvement at the highest international levels.
Dominika regularly advises foreign investors on how to structure their ongoing and future investments in order for them to be protected by international investment agreements. Dominika has worked on cases under arbitration rules such as: ICC, UNCITRAL, LCIA and SCC. She is also experienced in disputes in the energy sector.
Dominika has experience in obtaining TPF for her clients.
Dominika’s work includes acting for an investor in an unprecedented investment case concerning a cross-border production facility within the EU and addressing jurisdictional objections based on the Achmea judgment. Dominika’s involvement was pivotal, successfully concluding direct and cross-examinations throughout the hearing.
Dominika’s expertise goes beyond arbitration. Dominika is also a tough hands-on litigator with experience in high-profile disputes, often of an international character, and advises foreign contractors in construction disputes (including FIDIC based). She has particular interest in FMCG disputes.
Dominika is a mentor of students within Stockholm University’s mentoring program. She regularly supports Polish and international students participating in international arbitration moot courts.
After obtaining an LL.M. in International Commercial Arbitration Law from Stockholm University she worked in dispute resolution departments of both Polish and international law firms (including Magic Circle).
Languages: Polish, English.
Education: Stockholm University (Master of Laws, LL.M in International Commercial Arbitration Law, 2015);The University of Silesia, Faculty of Law and Administration (Master of Laws, 2012); The Hague Academy of International Law, Public International Law Session (Diploma, 2013).
Recommendations: Dominika Durchowska is a Legal 500 EMEA ranking recommended lawyer in Dispute Resolution.
- Representing investors in obtaining funding from TPFs.
- Representing Muszynianka sp. z o.o. in an investment dispute against Slovakia over right to cross-border production of mineral water.
- Representing Manx mining company in investment dispute over concession rights against Poland.
- Representing Cypriot mining company in investment dispute over concession rights against Poland.
- Representing international seller of production lines in a dispute against Polish leading chocolate and confectionary producer.
- Representing Manx yacht buyer in a dispute against Polish producer of luxurious yachts.
- Representing litigation fund in a dispute over bought multi-million contractual claim.
- Representing foreign construction companies in disputes against General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways concerning motorway constructions in Poland.
- Representing a Spanish construction company in a dispute over construction of tramway.
- Representing real estate company in a dispute over commercialization of a shopping center.
- Representing a leading Polish spring water producer against a producer of mineral water in a dispute over unfair competition.
- Koronawirus. Inwestor pozwie za legislacyjny chaos?, Rzeczpospolita
- Koronawirus: Polska musi liczyć się z falą pozwów, Rzeczpospolita
- Po drugiej stronie postępowania, Rzeczpospolita
- Gra o Traktat Karty Energetycznej, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Polski inwestor pozwie za brexit?, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Fundusz wyłoży na twój proces, Rzeczpospolita