Attorney at Law, Partner, Head of FMCG, Retail & Automotive and Trade & Distribution Law Practices
Krzysztof is specialized in issues related to marketing, commercial law, e-commerce and the formation of distribution systems. He has a wide range of experience in regard to the preparation and negotiation of trade agreements, including those which form a basis for the operations of supply chains (including commercial networks) and distribution agreements (including franchising systems and systems of selective distribution).
For many years Krzysztof has dealt with matters pertaining to consumer law and combating unfair competition (including, in particular, issues regarding so-called slotting fees).
He is also highly experienced in resolving domain name disputes, assisting clients to reclaim “cyber-squatted” internet domain names before the relevant dispute arbitration courts.
Apart from the pharmaceutical branch, Krzysztof also advises clients from the FMCG, chemical, food, cosmetics and automotive sectors.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar Association.
Education: The Jagiellonian University of Kraków (Master of Political Science, 2006 and Master of Law, 2007).
Recomendations: Krzysztof Zięba is a recommended lawyer in Intellectual Property by Legal 500 EMEA ranking. He was awarded distinctions in Intellectual Property sector by Managing Intellectual Property 2014 and 2015 as a Copyright & Trademark Star.
- Castorama Polska Sp. z o.o.: legal advice on the implementation of Castorama’s e-commerce project.
- Pandora Jewelry CEE Sp. z o.o.: drafting of franchise agreements constituting the basis for operation of ‘PANDORA’ jewelry stores in Poland. Comprehensive legal advice related to creation and operation of ‘PANDORA’ e-store.
- Samsung Electronics Polska Sp. z o.o.: ongoing advice on legal issues related to the offering of electronic equipment and mobile applications.
- Reckitt Benckiser (Poland) S.A.: representation in legal proceedings against one of its major competitors on the household chemicals market, in relation to unfair comparative advertising.
- TEVA Pharmaceuticals Polska Sp. z o.o.: representation in several proceedings before the Disciplinary Tribunal of the Polish Association of Self-Medication Industry (PL. Sąd Dyscyplinarny Polskiego Związku Producentów Leków bez Recepty) in relation to the advertising of the competitive medicinal product.
- Ringier Axel Springer Polska Sp. z o.o.: representation in legal proceedings against Agencja Wydawniczo – Reklamowa “Wprost” Sp. z o.o. and PMPG S.A. in relation to unfair competition.
- FCA Poland S.A. (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Group): drafting agreements which are the basis for the operation of the authorized vehicle and spare parts sales network and the repair and maintenance service network of the Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Abarth brands in Poland.
- „Opłaty na rzecz sieci sklepów nie zawsze są zakazane”, Hurt and Detal Magazine
- „Jeśli milczysz to się zgadzasz”, Rzeczpospolita
- „E-sklepy muszą się przygotować”, Rzeczpospolita
- Czy leasingobiorcy przysługują uprawnienia z rękojmi i gwarancji, Rzeczpospolita
- Nowe rozporządzenie chroniące biznesowych użytkowników platform i wyszukiwarek internetowych, Rzeczpospolita
- Influencerzy na celowniku UOKiK. Jak z kryptoreklamą radzi sobie Europa?, Forbes