Kochanski Zieba & Partners advise Aberdeen Infrastructure Funds on a strategic partnership with Intertoll
Kochanski Zieba & Partners (K&P) has advised Aberdeen Asset Management’s Infrastructure Funds (AIF) on its acquisition of a 49.99% stake in Intertoll Europe’s PPP portfolio for ZAR 633.2 million (EUR 43 million).
The portfolio comprises of shares in the A1 PPP in Poland (15%) and two sections of the M6 in Hungary, Mecsek (10%) and Duna (12.67%). The investment in Poland revolves around Intertoll’s 15% stake in the Gdansk Transport Company (AmberOne) which was established in 1996 to construct, maintain and manage a 152km stretch of the A1 motorway between the cities of Gdansk and Torun.
The assets will be held in a joint venture vehicle, which will be named Intertoll Capital Partners. JSE-listed Group Five, Intertoll Europe’s parent company, will continue to hold 50.01% of the portfolio. The arrangement will allow both parties to invest in road projects.
Aberdeen Asset Management was formed in 1983, and operates in 25 countries, managing £312.1 billion of assets, and has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1991.
K&P worked alongside the London and Paris offices of Pinsent Masons LLP on all Polish aspects of the transaction including due diligence.
K&P’s team was led by Pawel Cholewinski (Partner), Pawel Gunia (Partner) and Adam Piwakowski (Partner), and comprised Kacper Czubacki (Associate) on corporate matters, and Sylwia Uzieblo-Kowalska (Senior Associate) on infrastructure issues.
- Maintaining financial flow in terms of tax liabilities
- Gaps in the anti-crisis shield - special Covid-19 pandemic Act
- The coronavirus may be deadlier than the 1918 flu: Here’s how it stacks up to other pandemics
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners advise GENERAC HOLDINGS INC. on the acquisition of MOTORTECH HOLDING
- Bioethics and Public Health
- K&P advised ING Lease on the termination of leasing and sale of a real property in the total amount of EUR 27 million