Trademark and Patent Attorney, Partner, Head of Intellectual & Industrial Property Law Practice
Karolina is highly experienced in industrial property litigation before the common and administrative courts and the PPO (Polish Patent Office). Her practice covers a range of work, including trade mark, design and copyright infringement, anti-counterfeiting, trade mark oppositions, trade mark invalidation and cancellation proceedings and domain names. Karolina also provides strategic advice to brand owners regarding licensing structures and policing.
She often gets involved in transactional work, advising on the intellectual property aspects of corporate, banking and real estate transactions. Her work actively concerns acquisition and disposal of companies with valuable intellectual property rights and complex technology as well as copyright, trademark and patent rights.
Karolina acts for clients across a broad range of sectors but is especially well known in pharmaceutical, FMCG, and the luxury goods sector.
Karolina is a recommended lawyer in the IP sector by Legal 500 EMEA. Karolina contributed a chapter to the book “Commentary on Industrial Property Law (trademarks), 2016.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Polish Chamber of Patent Attorneys, The Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG), International Trademark Association (INTA), Union of European Practitioners in Intellectual Property (Union-IP).
Education: The Jagiellonian University of Kraków (Master of Law, 2003), The University of Warsaw (Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, 2007).
Karolina Marciniszyn is a lecturer at trademarks in IP Centre, Warsaw (Centrum Praw Własności Intelektualnej im. H. Grocjusza w Warszawie)
Recommendations: Karolina Marciniszyn is a recommended lawyer and has been individually awarded as Leading individuals 2018 and 2019 in Intellectual Property sector by Legal 500 EMEA, as well as by Managing Intellectual Property as a Copyright & Trademark Star.
- Representation in a range of court actions for the protection of Pandora’s trademarks, against counterfeit products and online infringements
- Advising Teva on a broad range of IP issues, including trade mark prosecution, opposition proceedings, negotiations, and defensive strategy
- Representing Omega Pharma in invalidation action of competitor’s trademark
- Advising Pamapol on contentious matters concerning trademarks and designs, complex advising in connection with all aspects of its global trademark portfolio, including clearance and registration
- Representing Fiat with respect to contentious matters concerning the offering counterfeit and gray market products.
- Prosecution and maintenance of the portfolio of Ringier Axel Springer covering 450 trademarks, designs, press titles and domain names, together with brand strategy advice and guidance
- Representation of Tata Global Beverages (Tetley) in a dispute regarding trademark infringement and acts of unfair competition
- Enforcing trademark rights of an international financial company in relation to domain and infringement on the internet
- Advising pharmaceutical companies on infringement, freedom‑to‑operate opinions, strategic consultancy in patent portfolio management, including supplementary protection certificates (SPCs)
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in a precedent patent dispute regarding doctrine of equivalents
- „Overview of the services of the Patent Office of Poland”, S.M.D. Markeur Country Index,
- „Significant Court of Justice decision on Polish marketing authorisations”, PTMG Law Lore & Practice
- "Poland/Hungary: implications of unsuccessful merger of Polpharma & Gedeon Richter", PTMG Law Lore & Practice
- „Kontrowersje wokół blank packaging wyrobów tytoniowych”, Wiadomości Gospodarcze AHK
- Ranking Legal500 2019 – numerous awards of K&P
- IP Stars 2018/19: Awards for K&P IP Experts
- K&P’S TEAM OF EXPERTS WILL ATTEND INTA 2018
- Legal 500 Ranking for 2018 has been announced: K&P highly commended!
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2017
- 138th Largest INTA Annual Meeting this year in Orlando!
- Mr. Piotr Kochański and Ms. Karolina Marciniszyn have been listed as “IP STARS 2016”
- Karolina Marciniszyn and Krzysztof Zięba are among this year’s IP Stars.
- Largest INTA Annual Meeting in the last 137 years!