Andrzej Malec, PhD
Tax Counselor, Certified Accountant, Partner
Head of the Law & Economics Practice. Tax and non-standard legal problems expert at the Business Centre Club (BCC).
Mr. Malec specializes in providing legal advice on matters requiring economic expertise, such as those relating to tax and accounting law (both PAS and IAS), M&As and corporate restructurings. He advises on the selection of tax-efficient structures for business activities, investment and transactions, damages issues in business deals (causal link, loss valuation) and others. He also assists in litigation strategies planning and advises on transfer pricing and tax analysis of non-standard commercial agreements.
He has advised, among others, clients in the media, FMCG, pharmaceutical, automotive, construction and finance sectors.
Before joining K&P, Andrzej was a board member and CFO of a holding company operating in the FMCG sector. Andrzej serves on supervisory boards of several companies. He combines his professional career with scientific work. He has been, among others, the rector of one of private universities.
He is a lawyer recommended in the Tax sector by Global Law Experts and Legal 500 EMEA.
Languages: Polish, English, Russian.
Membership: National Chamber of Tax Advisers, Business Centre Club.
Education: Lomonosov Moscow State University (Master in Philosophy and Logic, 1991), the University of Warsaw, Bialystok Branch (Master of Law, 1993), the Warsaw Finance and Management School (Post-Graduate Diploma in Community Law, 2004), advanced training courses in the field of PAS, IAS, IFRS (1994-95, 2001-02, 2006).
Recommendations: Andrzej Malec, PhD is a recommended lawyer in Tax sector by Global Law Experts in 2012 and Legal 500 EMEA 2013.
- Organization of the financial, legal services and accounting departments and their management as well as organization and management of the shared services center.
- Daily and strategic advice on: taxes, accounting, finance, civil law, company law, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property law, commercial law and investment arbitration.
- Representation of Clients in tax, court and administrative as well as arbitration proceedings.
- Tax optimization in respect of investment transactions and employment fiscal costs.
- Supervision over restructurings, mergers and acquisitions.
- Negotiations on investment agreements and advice on IPO.
- Legal assistance in special economic zones.
- Development and implementation of accounting policy.
- Implementation of IFRS.
- Development and implementation of transfer pricing policy.
- Development and implementation of compliance solutions.
- Supervision over the implementation of budgeting systems.
- Streamlining finance, accounting and legal procedures and processes.
- Twice - Chairman of the Audit Committee in public companies.
- Workshops, lectures and conversations on accounting, tax law and administrative law interpretation.
- Wprowadzenie do semantyki prawa, Wyd. Andrzej Malec
- „Fiskus kwestionuje koszty samozatrudnienia”, Rzeczpospolita
- „Czy warto mieć auto na spółkę z pracodawcą”,
- „Czy warto mieć samochód do spółki z pracodawcą”, Gazeta Prawna
- Skarbówka – dobry pasterz czy wygłodniały wilk?”, wyborcza.biz
- „Czy świadczenia otrzymywane w celu wykonania usługi są przychodem”, Rzeczpospolita
- „Sprzedawca-filantrop darując żywność, nie musi tracić na podatku”, Rzeczpospolita
- „Doradca z ulicy wypełni zeznanie”, Puls Biznesu
- „Własny biznes na kłopoty pracodawców i pracowników”, Puls Biznesu
- „Cyniczne podnoszenie kosztów pracy przez rząd”, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna