Tomasz has wide experience in advising e-commerce, pharmaceutical and publishing companies. In his professional practice he has advised clients in trademark registration before the Polish Patent Office and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). He is also experienced in conducting proceedings for the cancellation of trademark registration and in matters of corporate law, copyright and unfair competition.
In addition, he has advised during mergers and acquisitions of publishing and railway companies, and has experience in drafting due diligence reports.
Tomasz Szambelan has also participated in the works of litigation teams, representing clients in disputes before the ICC. He also has experience in representing clients during disputes before common and administrative courts of law. In addition, he has represented clients in proceedings before the Advertising Council – Committee of Advertising Ethics.
Prior to joining K&P, Tomasz worked at Polish law firms.
Languages: Polish, English
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates
Education: The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Master of Law, 2011)
- Representing clients from the and pharmaceutical industry in a dispute regarding trademark infringement and acts of unfair competition.
- Prosecution and maintenance of the portfolio of leader in sales of e-commerce in Poland, designs together with brand strategy advice and guidance.
- Legal assistance in conducting IP due diligence.
- Advising various entities on matters connected with the transfer of copyrights and in copyright-related disputes.
- Advising one of the largest publishers of the schoolbooks.
- Can sedative tablets acquire a reputation?, Law Lore & Practice