Attorney at Law, Senior Partner, Head of Corporate Law Practice
He advises clients on many aspects of corporate law, M&A, corporate ownership conflicts, joint ventures, ownership, financial and property restructuring involving numerous parties. He is an expert in international commercial transactions, restructuring and insolvency, M&A, privatization projects and corporate conflicts of ownership.
Rafał has been involved in a number of significant cases involving acquisitions and other corporate law transactions, including privatization projects and corporate disputes. He has advised foreign investors in relation to the operation of their business and investments in Poland, including direct greenfield investments in special economic zones. His clients include, among others, companies from the FMCG, food and beverage, media and advertising, chemical, automotive, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics industry, military, shipbuilding, high tech, IT and real estate sectors, as well as banks and financial institutions.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors.
Education: UMCS University in Lublin (Master of Law, 1999).
Recommendations: Rafał Rapala is a recommended lawyer in Commercial, Corporate and M&A by Legal 500 EMEA ranking and in Commercial sector by Global Law Experts. He is regularly recommended by PLC Which Lawyer and IFLR1000.
- Currency Options: Recent and forthcoming trends in Poland's M&A market., Financier Worldwide
- „Szybciej i taniej w sądzie”, Puls Biznesu
- „The act on payment terms in commercial transactions. Critical comments”, Bulletin Polish and Swiss Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- „Transactions act unconstitutional”, Contact, the Magazine of the British Polish Chamber of Commerce
- „Odsetki na rozkaz”, Rzeczpospolita, Prawo co dnia
- „Problemy z prawem spółek”, Puls Biznesu no. 222
- „Partner musi dostać na kredyt”, Puls Biznesu no. 227
- „Zyskowny podział”, Puls Biznesu no. 150
- „Sześćdziesiąt dni na zapłatę”, Rzeczpospolita
- „Ile czasu na zapłatę za towar czy usługę”, Rzeczpospolita
- "Jak ustalić prawo posiadacza akcji", Rzeczpospolita
- „Beneficjenci uważajcie na zmiany w kapitale”, Forbes
- "Jak zaskarżyć uchwałę", Rzeczpospolita
- Griffin rozważa pozew przeciw Polsce", Puls Biznesu
- „Precedensowy spór o odebranie prawa do użytkowania wieczystego”, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Prawnicy KZRP o rynku usług prawnych, PolskiPrawnik.pl
- Ranking Legal500 2019 – numerous awards of K&P
- K&P has successfully advised on the sale of an office building located in the centre of Warsaw
- Kochański & Partners representatives to attend MIPIM 2019
- Kochański and Partners ranked in Chambers and Partners: Europe 2019
- A team of K&P experts will take part in IBA 2018
- Legal 500 Ranking for 2018 has been announced: K&P highly commended!
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2017
- Kochański & Partners Advised ProService on a Series of Acquisitions in the IT Industry
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2016
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners has advised Redefine Properties Limited on the largest transaction in the history of the commercial property market in Poland – the value of the transaction exceeded 1.1 bln EUR.
- Kochański & Partners advised a fund managed by Griffin Real Estate on the acquisition and acquisition finance of the Raiffeisen Business Center in Warsaw.
- Lawyers from KZRP commenting on the situation of the legal services market at PolskiPrawnik.pl
- KZRP served the Swedish group SEKAB Biofuels & Chemicals with regards an investment in Bioagra S.A.
- Kochański Rapala & Partners appoint a new Head of their Banking, Finance and Restructuring Practice.
- KZRP provides advice to the Institute for Analysis and Rating at the WSE
- Ambassador of Polish Economy 2014.