Attorney at Law, Tax Advisor, Senior Associate
Wojciech specializes in delivering tax advisory services covering CIT, international tax law, tax on goods and services, transfer tax, transfer pricing, real estate tax and fiscal criminal liability. He gained his professional experience working at, inter alia, KPMG, MDDP and TPA.
Wojciech deals with projects in the field of tax due diligence, restructuring of real estate companies, tax reviews and transaction advisory. He has extensive experience in representing clients in the course of proceedings before tax authorities and administrative courts. Wojciech advises clients operating in, inter alia, the real estate, manufacturing, financial, IT and FMCG industries.
Wojciech is a licensed tax advisor and attorney at law. He has authored numerous publications and conducts taxation trainings.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: National Chamber of Tax Advisers, Warsaw Bar Association.
Education: Jagiellonian University in Kraków (Master of Law, 2004).
- tax due diligence and transaction advisory for a foreign entity purchasing a majority stake in a holding company with 16 office buildings and two shopping malls (approx. 300,000 m² in total);
- tax due diligence and transaction advisory for a leading Austrian developer selling a shopping mall, other transaction advisory services, preparation of a cost segregation study, PSPA and SPA analyses, verification of price calculations, transfer pricing matters, participation in negotiations, analysis of potential exit scenarios;
- tax advisory for a German investment fund with respect to sale of two office buildings with a total area of 15,000 m², associated transaction advisory and participation in negotiations;
- tax advisory for an Austrian investment fund with respect to acquisition of a real estate company (office building), tax due diligence, cost segregation verification;
- tax due diligence and transaction advisory for a U.S. investment company selling a hotel chain in Poland, including VAT, CIT, transfer pricing, WHT and settlements relating to repayment of intra-group loans;
- tax due diligence relating to an approx. PLN 180 million acquisition of agricultural real estate, verification of tax consequences in the field of VAT, transfer tax, mitigation of tax risk relating to the transaction;
- ongoing tax advisory for the largest distributor of spare parts for passenger cars, vans and trucks in Central and Eastern Europe; ongoing tax advisory for a leading global manufacturer of payment terminals;
- ongoing advisory for Polish companies belonging to an international group manufacturing steel elements for the construction industry;
- ongoing tax advisory for a leasing company belonging to an international holding company seated in Austria;
- favourable settlement of an approx. PLN 2.5 million dispute over deduction of input tax on VAT-exempt activities in breach of EU law;
- favourable settlement of a dispute over recognition of expenses for increasing the share capital as tax deductible costs, and deduction of input tax on such expenses.
- Disposal of derivatives not classified as revenue, Prawo i Podatki;
- Current practice of the authorities distorts the sense of the statute of limitations, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna;
- Communal VAT not subject to deduction, Rzeczpospolita;
- Increased controls of transactions involving related entities upcoming, Rzeczpospolita;
- Progressive tax found to be in breach of EU law, Wiadomości Handlowe;
- No clear criteria for 15% CIT rate application, Rzeczpospolita;
- The clause found to cancel effects of earlier actions, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna.