Advocate, Senior Associate
Sylwia specializes in issues related to the preparation and implementation of investments, including linear investments. She provides advice on construction law matters and securing administrative decisions necessary for investments. Sylwia also assists clients in the preparation and performance of construction contracts (including contracts based on the FIDIC’s standard forms of contract) and other contracts related to investments. She provides advice on matters relating to project financing from EU funds at the stage of controlling the regularity of their allocation. Sylwia represents clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings relating to project execution and has expertise in representing clients in investment disputes against the state initiated under Bilateral Investment Treaties.
Prior to joining K&P, Sylwia worked in the Warsaw offices of international law firms.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: University of Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński in Warsaw (Master of Law, 2011, graduated with honours); University of Warsaw (Diploma for completing a course regarding English and European Union Law, 2011).
- Providing services to construction companies (including companies from the Max Bögl, Group, OHL, NewCold and PBKiI INFRAKOL s.c.) in matters related to construction contracts.
- Representing construction companies (including companies from the Max Bögl Group, OHL) in multi-million disputes between ordering parties and subcontractors arising from construction contracts.
- Representing a construction company as the plaintiff in criminal proceedings.
- Advising IKEA Group companies on matters related to construction law.
- Advising foreign investors on their potential claims against Poland in connection with Bilateral Investment Treaties (BITs).
- Representing U.S. investors in an international investment dispute against Poland with a value of over PLN 500 million initiated on the basis of the Treaty on Business and Economic Relations between the Republic of Poland and the United States of America.
- Assisting clients in matters related to the disbursement of EU funds.