Michał König, LL.M.
Advocate, Partner, Head of Commercial Arbitration
Michał König specializes in disputes having international character, including in particular investment arbitration and commercial arbitration, as well as in commercial litigation.
He advises clients on the pre-trial stage and is involved in conducting disputes before common courts and arbitral tribunals. Michał is experienced in conducting arbitral proceedings governed by UNCITRAL, SAKIG and Lewiatan rules, as well as proceedings before the Court of Justice of the European Union.
His area of expertize involves as well infrastructure and construction disputes, proceedings concerning execution and enforcement of arbitral awards, as well as corporate disputes.
Languages: Polish, English, German, French.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates. New York State Bar (Attorney and Counselor at Law).
Education: New York University School of Law (Master of Law, LL.M, 2014). The University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration (Master of Law, 2013). British Law Centre (Diploma, 2013).
Recommendations: Michał König is a recommended lawyer in Dispute Resolution by Legal 500 EMEA ranking.
- Representing Spółdzielnia Pracy “Muszynianka” – a Polish producer of mineral water in investment arbitration against the Republic of Slovakia.
- Advising Polish producer of natural gas in a dispute with European Commission before the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- On-going legal advice for and representing Bögl a Krýsl k.s., a Czech company specialized in building roads, motorways and bridges, in disputes with the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways (State Treasury) concerning construction of A2 and A1 Motorways.
- Representing fitness-club network in a commercial arbitration concerning dispute over tenancy agreements.
- Advising an international construction company in arbitration proceedings.
- Advising a design and consulting engineering company in a dispute concerning enforcement of an international arbitration award.
- Representing a corporate member of an international holding in criminal proceedings.
- Nowe reguły arbitrażu z podmiotami z USA, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Polubownie, dobrowolnie, szybciej i pewnie taniej, Rzeczpospolita
- W obronie arbitrażu inwestycyjnego, Rzeczpospolita
- Non-State Law in International Commercial Arbitration, XXXV Polish Yearbook of International Law