Tomasz specializes in IP regulations and their practical application in contemporary business. He acts for clients in pharmaceutical, FMCG, and the luxury goods sector. Tomasz advises on complex trademark, utility model and design issues, in particular relating to opposition, invalidation and cancellation proceedings, representation before the administrative courts and representation in significant IP disputes.
Tomasz routinely gets involved in transactional work, advising on the intellectual property aspects of corporate and real estate transactions and has significant experience in copyright, industrial trademark and design and IP transfer issues, and has also advised on aspects of competition law. Tomasz is professional representative before EUIPO.
Languages: Polish, English
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates
Education: The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Master of Law, 2011)
- Representing clients from the and pharmaceutical industry in a dispute regarding trademark infringement and acts of unfair competition.
- Prosecution and maintenance of the portfolio of leader in sales of e-commerce in Poland, designs together with brand strategy advice and guidance.
- Legal assistance in conducting IP due diligence.
- Advising various entities on matters connected with the transfer of copyrights and in copyright-related disputes.
- Advising one of the largest publishers of the schoolbooks.
- Can sedative tablets acquire a reputation?, Law Lore & Practice
- Tomasz Szambelan: urzędy ds. IP wysoce odporne na COVID-19?, Rzeczpospolita
- Skutki Brexitu dotkną praw własności intelektualnej, Rzeczpospolita
- Rosja może podrabiać popularne marki. Koniec ochrony znaków towarowych?, Forbes