Advocate, Partner, Head of Litigation Practice
Mateusz Ostrowski is an advocate and partner at Kochański & Partners, where he heads the Litigation practice and, owing to his experience, also supports the Compliance & Investigation practice.
His main areas of expertise include civil and criminal matters, bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings.
Mateusz also has many years of experience in litigation matters concerning media and technology sectors. As regards technology-related disputes, he perfectly understands the perspective of both service providers and clients. Mateusz also advises on intellectual property disputes.
Another area of his interest is Commercial Fraud, including the increasingly popular issue of enforcement against financial instruments, e.g. FinTechs and cryptocurrencies.
Mateusz advises on and handles corporate disputes involving financial instruments and the liability of members of company bodies. He also provides expert support in cases involving acts of unfair competition, acts to the detriment of companies, insider trading, including stock market offences or market abuse.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: Łazarski University of Commerce and Law in Warsaw, the faculty of Law (Master of Law, 2009).
Recommendations: Mateusz is a recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 EMEA 2020 rankings for Litigation, in addition to bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings.
- Representing and advising a foreign investor in a multi-layered dispute with minority shareholders of a company whose shares are traded on an alternative trading system.
- Representing a leading international designer and manufacturer of special-purpose computers in a multi-layered dispute with minority shareholders, with particular emphasis on criminal and fiscal offenses issues relating to losses suffered by the company in business activity, and to management board members’ liability for damage.
- Advising in developing a strategy for a company from the food industry which suffered a loss as a result of a disposal of assets of substantial value to its disadvantage.
- Representing and advising a member of the management board of a global manufacturer of telemetric equipment in proceedings concerning irregularities in procurement procedures and criminal proceedings relating to unfair competition acts.
- Advising and representing a shareholder in a corporate dispute relating to misappropriation of assets in the form of distribution and license agreements in the sports industry.
- Pleading numerous cases on behalf of Ringier Axel Springer Polska relating to protection of personal rights and copyrights, including representing the company in litigation and mediation.
- Representing editors-in-chief of daily newspapers and magazines in cases for ordering corrections to press articles to be published.
- Developing a strategy and representing the client at a pre-trial stage in relation to company payments.
- Developing a litigation strategy for and representing energy companies in court proceedings relating to the construction of wind power plants and the sale of AAUs in respect of assigned greenhouse gas emission allowances.
- Compliance w przedsiębiorstwie. Tworzenie i wdrożenie systemu compliance. Wybrane zagadnienia., Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Rozgraniczenie nieruchomości: sąd nie dla wszystkich, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Wyłudzenia VAT. Jak zarządzać ryzykiem w przedsiębiorstwie?, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Za wcześnie by mówić o pełnym sukcesie frankowiczów, Business Insider
- Kredyty frankowe, czyli sądowe TSUEnami kosztem sektora bankowego?, Business Insider
- Frankowicze po wyroku unieważniającym umowę: ważne, aby zgoda kredytobiorcy była świadoma, Rzeczpospolita
- Ochrona praw sygnalistów coraz bliżej, Parkiet
- Sygnalista jako strażnik bezpieczeństwa? Sprawdzamy, Forbes
- Cyfryzacja to przyszłość finansów, Parkiet