Qualified advocate with more than 10 years’ practice experience, specializing in corporate, commercial and restructuring/bankruptcy matters.
Karol’s practice focuses on advising international and Polish clients on:
- mergers, demergers, restructuring and liquidation of businesses;
- restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings (particularly from the creditors’ perspective);
- M&A transactions;
- legal due diligence for investors and vendors;
- setting up all forms of business entities;
- day-to-day corporate requirements; and
- commercial contracts.
His area of expertise includes supporting clients throughout all stages of bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings concerning debtors in Poland.
Karol supports NGOs and foundations on their establishment and all corporate issues related to their operations.
He has experience in providing legal services to clients from a broad range of sectors including: pharmaceuticals, energy, financial, media and real estate.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: University of Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski in Warsaw (Master of Administration, 2011), Lazarski University (Master of Law, 2013). Training at the Legal Department of the Ministry of Finance (2011).
- Plastipak Packaging. Advising in connection with a cross-broader acquisition of APPE Group concerning plastic packaging manufacturing and warehousing facilities located in major European countries (including Poland). Work included particularly conducting corporate, tax and environmental due diligence, advising on the decision-making process regarding the acquisition, preparing transaction documents, and legal advice with regard to the post-closing matters related to the acquisition.
- Legal assistance to the IKEA group and Ikea Industry Poland related to greenfield investments in Poland, including the largest project conducted by the IKEA group in Poland – construction of a production plant in Orla, and development of a production plant in Lubawa. Legal advice related to the merger of two production companies, i.e. Swedspan Poland and Swedwood Poland into the Ikea Industry Group.
- Advising the Griffin Group, a private equity fund in the transaction of the acquisition o, with respect to acquisition of the office complexes: Philips House and Batory Building.
- GGE Group. Legal assistance in the process of acquisition of several power plants in Poland.
- Legal assistance in establishing Burger King chain in Poland and ongoing assistance concerning corporate matters.
- Legal assistance in the process of liquidation of Chrysler Polska sp. z o.o.
- NewCold. Legal assistance to the global service provider for cold chain logistics relating to setting up a distribution center of frozen food in the Lodz Special Economic Zone.
- Ringier Axel Springer. Legal assistance in investment projects within the media industry, including in particular transaction comprising projects of acquisition of media companies/selected websites. Representation during negotiations and conclusion of contracts. Daily corporate assistance.
- Tata Global Beverages (previously Tetley). Legal assistance to a British company on corporate and commercial matters, as well as on the acquisition transactions of Polish companies and financing projects.
- Advising Samsung on the corporate matters.