Kochański & Partners is main legal advisor in one of the largest real estate transactions in 2019
On 11 March 2020, one of the largest real estate transactions in the CEE region, worth EUR 1.06 billion, was closed. The AccorInvest Group S.A. group of companies, a leading investor and manager in the international hotel market, purchased 98.6% of shares in the Polish hotel chain Orbis S.A. (previously owned by Accor S.A. and Accor Polska sp. z o.o.). Kochański & Partners was the main legal advisor to the purchaser.
The share purchase agreement for Orbis S.A. shares was executed on 16 December 2019. One day later (17 December 2019), a tender offer to all Orbis S.A. shareholders to subscribe for the sale of their shares to AccorInvest Group S.A. was announced via the Santander brokerage house.
A team of K&P lawyers led by Rafał Rapala (Senior Partner, Head of Corporate Law and Transactional Practice) and Paweł Cholewiński (Partner, Head of Real Estate Practice), performed the due diligence of Orbis S.A., including 46 hotels in Poland, developed the transaction structure, and also drafted and negotiated Orbis S.A. share purchase agreements and other transaction documents. In addition, K&P lawyers also advised on the tender offer for the Orbis S.A. share subscription via the brokerage house.
– We are proud that, as a law firm we have been able to advise AccorInvest Group S.A. on one of the largest real estate transactions of last year and assist our client in achieving its business goals – says Rafał Rapala.
– We are happy that despite the turmoil we are currently witnessing on the market the project has been a success and the transaction was successfully closed – added Paweł Cholewiński.
For its role in the transaction, Kochański & Partners was nominated for the prestigious 2019 CEE Deal of the Year Award via the influential CEE Legal Matters portal and magazine.
- Shortcomings and omissions of the special ‘shield package’ for companies - tax issues
- Draft shield package for companies - tax issues
- Banking Law | Loans | Bank Guarantee Fund
- PolishCloud Standard to accelerate Banks gateway to the cloud
- Recommended employer procedure in case of an employee COVID-19 diagnosis
- Coronavirus Alert | Kochański & Partners law firm has established a dedicated Response Team