Klaudia Szymańska-Rutkowska focuses on banking law, as well as insolvency and reorganisation law, financial law, corporate law and capital markets, in particular, on the financial reorganisation of companies and advice for financial institutions.
She has participated in a number of domestic and cross-border insolvency proceedings, including sauvegarde and scheme of arrangement procedures.
Klaudia has also participated in a number of domestic and cross-border project finance, acquisition and asset finance transactions with respect to international financial institutions. She has also been involved in the due diligence of many companies and financial institutions. She is experienced in providing legal assistance in securitization projects, as well as advising banks on internal banking regulations and bank product documentation.
Before joining K&P, she worked in the Warsaw office of White & Case and completed an internship in the European Parliament. She has been granted numerous scholarships for her academic achievements.
Languages: Polish, English, German.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates (3rd year trainee).
Education: University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration, the field of study of Law (Master of Law, cum laude, 2012), School of German Law – Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw (in cooperation with the University of Bonn) (2011-2012), University of Warsaw, Faculty of Journalism and Political Science, the field of study of International Relations (bachelor’s studies, 2011). University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration, Institute of Civil Law, Ph.D. studies. Warsaw School of Economics, Finance and Accounting, masters degree course.
- Representing the insolvency administrator of German furniture manufacturers with respect the insolvency of the group, for approx. PLN 1.1 billion (2012)
- Advising a Malaysian fund regarding refinancing the credit facilities for the acquisition of the portfolio of properties located in Europe, including Poland, granted by a bank from Singapore, in the amount of EUR 94 million
- Advising UK fund manager regarding restructuring of the credit facility extended by HSBC Bank Polska and Bank BZ WBK S.A. with regard to the portfolio of 8 properties in Poland in the amount of EUR 36 million
- Advising on the financial restructuring of ISD Group, in the amount of approx. PLN 945 million (2013)
- Advising on the restructuring process of one of the largest egg producers in CEE, in the amount of approx. EUR 100 million (2014)
- Advising on Polish law issues relating to bidding process for a purchase of a major European packaging enterprise in insolvency, in the amount of approx.EUR 80 million (2014)
- Advising PKO BP S.A. with respect to the enforcement of pledges established over shares of a public company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange as security for credit facilities (2015)
- Representing the EBRD and EIB in connection with PLN 1.4 billion financing to the benefit of Stalowa Wola Heat and Power Plant (2012)
- Advising Redefine Properties Limited, with its seat in RPA, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), regarding the finance aspects and the acquisition of 75% shares in Echo Prime Properties B.V. from Echo Investment S.A. Tre transaction included acquisition of a portfolio of 18 commercial properties (offices and retail shopping centers in Poland in the amount of EUR 1,18 billion
- Advising a fund from Singapore regarding the financing of Polish e-commerce company Allegro in the amount of USD 3,25 billion by one of the bidders in the form of a second lien loan
- Advising YIT Development Sp. z o.o. on the acquisition from Fabryki Substancji Zapachowych "POLLENA-AROMA" Sp. z o.o. of real property located in Warsaw, adjacent to Klasykow Street, and on the related investment proces, as well as financing in a form of the letter of credit and discounting of receivables under the L/C
- Advising Raiffeisen Bank on the amendment to a facility granted by syndicate of banks to GEBR. DINGERKUS GMBH & CO. KG. for EUR 120 million (2013)
- Advising Barclays Bank plc on Polish law aspects of transaction regarding financing acquisition of shares in companies in Poland and Germany (2013)
- Advising Griffin Group in connection with acquisitions and financing of two office buildings, Batory Office Building and Philips House, located in Warsaw, as organized parts of enterprises in bankruptcy (2013)
- Advising in regard to the acquisition of portfolio of non-performing loans sold by Irish Bank Resolution Corporation for approx. GBP 1,5 billion (2014)
PKO BP Group on EUR 80 million credit facility granted by EIB to PKO Leasing (2014)
- Advising Griffin Real Estate Fund as a borrower regarding several credit facilities granted by Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego (2015)
- Advising Citibank International PLC with regard topre-paid cards in Poland (2014)
- Advising Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A. in relation to e-money and payment card regulations (2013)
- Advising CIECH Group in relation to cash pooling structures) (2013)
- Complex Polish law regulatory advice to Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Polska) S.A., dealing with the issues of, i.a., regulatory changes in LIBOR publication; the requirements set by the EMIR Regulation;securities lending transactions in reference to the Capital Requirements Regulation (2013-2015).
- The Bankruptcy Law. The Restructuring Law, C.H. Beck
- Prawo upadłościowe. Prawo restrukturyzacyjne, Wydawnictwo Beck
- The New Polish Restructuring Law: a “Second Chance” for Businesses, The Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal
- Ranking Legal500 2019 – numerous awards of K&P
- Kochański and Partners ranked in Chambers and Partners: Europe 2019
- Legal 500 Ranking for 2018 has been announced: K&P highly commended!
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners advise Echo Polska Properties on the acquisition of Galeria Młociny in northern Warsaw
- K&P advised ING Lease on the termination of leasing and sale of a real property in the total amount of EUR 27 million
- K&P advised Employees Provident Fund on the cross-border refinancing in the total amount of EUR 94 million
- The new rules of supervision by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority in the banking sector
- K&P advise Echo Polska Properties on a high profile property acquisition in the centre of Warsaw