Attorney at Law, Senior Associate
Katarzyna Cybulska specializes in civil and commercial litigation, railway regulatory law and issues related to the preparation and implementation of infrastructure projects.
Katarzyna has experience in representing clients in various industries in complex civil and commercial disputes, before courts of all instances.
Katarzyna provides advice on infrastructure projects, both in negotiating agreements and in resolving disputes arising in connection with the performance of construction or design and construction contracts, including those based on FIDIC standards.
Her main area of expertise is advice to rail transport companies, with a particular focus on rail transport market regulation and obligations under railway law. She was a member of a Work Group of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE).
Before joining K&P, Katarzyna worked for a renowned Warsaw law firm and in the Office of Railway Transport.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors.
Education: Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin (Master of Law, 2010)
- Representing general contractors in court proceedings against the GDDKiA regarding settlement of contracts for the construction of motorways and high-speed roads in Poland, and payment of liquidated damages.
- Representing general contractors in court proceedings regarding performance guarantees.
- Representing general contractors in disputes with subcontractors.
- Advising on a project regarding formal and organizational preparation to the commercial operation of high-speed trains.
- Representing parties in post-M&A court proceedings (i.a. representations and warranties).
- Representing a payment system operator in a dispute with the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection on interchange fees.
- Representing construction companies as creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.