Joanna Ostojska-Kołodziej, PhD
Joanna Ostojska-Kołodziej specializes in labor law and civil law, provides ongoing advice to corporate clients, drafts employment agreements, civil law agreements including management contracts and company deeds and policies.
She advises on employment restructuring and redundancy procedures, and advises employers in connection with the transfer of undertakings in whole or in part.
Joanna also has extensive experience in advising parties to court proceedings, develops litigation strategies and represents business entities and members of their governing bodies in litigation and mediation.
As a scholar, Joanna focuses on medical law: her doctoral dissertation titled “Judicial Change of Sex”, defended with distinction in Civil Law Institute at the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, concerned the legal aspects of transsexualism.
Joanna is an author of many publications concerning civil and labor law.
Languages: Polish, English
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates
Education: University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration (Master of Law, 2010); Karel de Grote Hogeschool Antwerpen (International Business Course, 2009); University of Warsaw, American Studies Center (2010); University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration (Ph.D. in Law, 2015)
- Day-to-day legal advice in the scope of labor law provided to the company active in a field of alcoholic beverages, including carrying out projects on downsizing and layoffs, participation in negotiations with employees, drafting employee documentation and company internal rules,
- Day-to-day legal advice in the scope of labor law provided to the company active in a field of health and animal nutrition, including reorganization of employment, drafting employee documentation, representation before courts in employee disputes, comprehensive advice in connection with the transfer of a work establishment,
- Day-to-day legal advice in the scope of labor law provided to the company active in a field of metal manufacturing, including reorganization of employment, drafting employee documentation and company internal rules, representation before courts in employee disputes, comprehensive advice in connection with the transfer of a work establishment,
- Legal advice to the company providing personal outsourcing services,
- Representation of the employer active in a field of architectural services in the employee court dispute related to termination of the employment contract without notice in connection with the violation of the non-competition clause,
- Participation in due diligence in the area of labor law,
- Representation of entities and members of their bodies in court disputes related to infringement of personal rights.
- Outplacement nie jest podnoszeniem kwalifikacji, Spóźnienie trzeba uzasadnić, Rzeczpospolita
- Informacja na piśmie o chronionym działaczu wystarczy, Rzeczpospolita
- Prawo pracy a świadczenia pozapłacowe, Gazeta Finansowa
- Przymus czy wolna wola, czyli praca non stop, Medical Tribune
- Transport i nocleg bez ZUS, Rzeczpospolita
- Pracodawcy 05ą sześć miesięcy na wydanie zaległych świadectw pracy, Rzeczpospolita
- Zmiana żądania tylko za zgodą pracodawcy, Rzeczpospolita
- Prezydencka walka z dyskryminacją, Rzeczpospolita
- Employee capital plans, Warsaw Business Journal