Advocate, Senior Associate
Agnieszka Choromańska-Malicka specializes in IP law and commercial law. She has extensive experience in day-to-day legal services to businesses, both Polish and foreign, with a special focus on all kinds of analyses, drafting, negotiating and performing trade agreements.
In her practice, Agnieszka has prepared legal opinions and drafted agreements covering various aspects of her clients’ business, including issues related to copyright, industrial property, including trademarks and designs, business secrets, Internet law, the provision of electronic services, competition law and consumer rights.
Agnieszka has expertise in drafting pleadings and representing clients before courts, in particular in disputes arising out of the performance of trade agreements, combating unfair competition and IP rights infringements.
She is also experienced in working on transactions, including those with private equity funds, in particular in the review and assessment of different types of business contracts and license agreements, as well as in drafting the relevant agreements and other documents for transactions. Currently, Agnieszka is working on her doctoral dissertation on copyright law and unfair competition law at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw.
Before joining K&P, Agnieszka worked with JSLEGAL Jankowski, Stroiński i Partnerzy and with the Warsaw office of K&L Gates.
Languages: Polish, English
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration (Master of Laws, 2010), American Studies Center at the University of Warsaw (2010).
- Day-to-day legal assistance for the clients from the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry, particularly preparation and evaluation of licensing agreements, distribution agreements and legal opinions.
- Representing clients from the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry in legal proceedings concerning the protection of intellectual property, including trademark rights and combating unfair competition (similarity of the packaging, protection of know-how).
- Representing clients from the alcohol industry in legal proceedings concerning the protection of intellectual property, including trademark rights and combating unfair competition (similarity of packaging).
- Day-to-day legal assistance to a company engaged in the creation and development of mobile applications, particularly preparation of agreements with developers and transfer agreements regarding software rights.
- Day-to-day legal assistance to a company engaged in production and distribution of audiobooks, including legal counseling at the early stage of the company development (start-up),which covered particularly preparation and evaluation of licensing agreements, distribution agreements and legal opinions.
- Nowe sposoby rozwiązywania sporów, Rzeczpospolita
- Dbajmy o ochronę własności intelektualnej, Rzeczpospolita
- Czy leasingobiorcy przysługują uprawnienia z rękojmi i gwarancji, Rzeczpospolita
- Trade Secrets, Warsaw Business Journal